The Fortnightly Club of Catskill
Founded on October 19, 1932, the Fortnightly club of Catskill is a woman's service organization established exclusively for community, charitable and educational purposes.
​​The Club started with the preparation of hot lunches in the Catskill School (which is now the Catskill Middle School). The Club would also prepare gauze bandages for the war effort.
 
The Club now funds scholarships to the local community college, scholastic awards to elementary, middle and high school students, community youth events, a children's summer art program, holiday gifts to elderly shut-ins and children, and equipment for individuals and community health needs.

Other projects supported by the Club have included organizations and events for youth winter skating program, youth ski, basketball and baseball organizations, and theater presentations at the elementary and middle schools.
 
The Forthnightly Club also spearheaded fund raising for the playground at Dutchman's Landing and supports the maintenance of the playground at Elliott Park, which the Club funded and built.

This year we celebrated 85 Years of Service on 10/19/17. 

.